Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why Sonam Kapoor, Celina Jaitley and Rimi Sen say THANK YOU/Akshay Kumar/Irrfan Khan/Bobby Deol








"It was about time that I rope in Celina for a film. Same holds good for Rimi too with whom I have worked before. I believe that both girls have huge comic potential waiting to be tapped and THANK YOU would give them that platform", says Bazmee who has been enjoying an enviable track record as far as delivering blockbusters is concerned.

"When it comes to casting, I have always gone ahead with what I believe is 100% right", says Bazmee, "Look at Nana Patekar. Now he isn't someone whom one can think of to come up with a strong comic performance. Still, he did so very well with me in WELCOME. Or for that matter Fardeen Khan who is doing so many comedies today. But then his first comedy film was with me in the form of NO ENTRY. I truly believed that he had it in him to get the comic expressions right."

Continuing to give more examples of star actors who went through an image change while under his baton, Bazmee says, "The way Bipasha Basu danced so uninhibitedly to the title track of NO ENTRY, she hadn't done that far. And we all know that Lara Dutta got the tag of someone with an immense comic timing after the same film. So you know, ek director ki conviction honi chahiye aur actor ko dekhne ka ek nazariya. I have the same conviction and way of looking when it comes to Sonam Kapoor. I know for sure that she can do it all so well in THANK YOU."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails